Level 4 Academic Writing Workshops
All the workshops last two hours and are repeat workshops, so you only need to book on one of the workshops offered. They cover the following: Structure and clarity; writing good descriptions, discussions and reflections; integration of relevant and appropriate evidence; citing and referencing.
All workshops take place in College Lane and are facilitated by Valerie Brossier (VB) or Pat Wood (PW).
Understanding and answering the question + Planning and structuring your assignment
- Deconstructing essay titles
- Working closely with the assignment brief and remaining focused
- Working with the learning outcomes and marking criteria
- Planning and structuring your assignment; Writing effective introductions
- Reading effectively and making notes
- Developing an effective argument and effective paragraphs (PEEEL)
- Flow and signposting
Improving your academic writing style, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence construction:
- Features of academic writing style, including effective integration of your reading in your writing + accurate referencing
- Paraphrasing and summarising
- Accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Writing clear, well-crafted and effective sentences
|Tuesday 13/02/18||11:00-13:00||VB||1F 390||Book|
|Wednesday 21/02/18||13:00-15:00||PW||C 152||Book|
|Tuesday 06/03/18||13:00-15:00||VB||F 306||Book|
|Wednesday 14/03/18||13:00-15:00||PW||1F 383||Book|
|Thursday 15/03/18||09:00-11:00||VB||F 304||Book|
Click on the handouts below to download a copy:
Handouts for Level 4 workshops 2017
NB: The workshops are limited to 15 participants, to allow for greater interaction. If you book a place on a workshop, you commit yourself to attending. If you know that you cannot attend, please delete your booking as soon as possible. This will allow another student to book a place. Thank you!