Level 6 Academic Skills Workshops
All the workshops last for two hours and are repeat workshops, so you only need to book on one of the workshops below.
The workshops will cover the following: Presentation and structure; integration of relevant and appropriate evidence; critical analysis, evaluation and reflection.
Key things to get right
- Understanding and answering the question
- Developing a clear and logical argument
- Planning and structuring your assignment
- Writing effective paragraphs and sentences
- Citing and referencing accurately
- Editing and proof-reading effectively
Effective integration of literature; Critical analysis, evaluation and reflection
- Depth and effective integration of literature
- Demonstrating critical analysis and evaluation
- Writing effective critical reflections
Handouts to take with you
Please download the handouts for this workshop:
To access the booking form you’ll need to log in to your UH Microsoft Office 365 account with your UH username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
If you book a place on a workshop, you commit yourself to attending. If you know that you cannot attend, please email the SSAS team (email@example.com). This will allow another student to book a place. Thank you!
If you cannot attend a workshop, please look at the handouts as they will help you with aspects of academic reading and writing.