A few notes about the 1-2-1 support offered by the academic skills tutors:
- It is important that you seek assignment support as early as possible so that you can make the best use of the time available before submission. Please be aware that we often have a waiting list for appointments and therefore are unlikely to be able to see or speak to you at short notice e.g. in the week before you submit.
- We offer academic skills advice not subject-specific advice. Subject-specific advice (content about the subject you are studying) should be sought from the lecturers on the module team.
- To request an one to one session, complete the one-to-ones online booking form or the Self-referral form word document and email it as an attachment to Kim Goode (email@example.com). A member of the academic skills team will then contact you to arrange on-line or face-to-face support.
- Sessions normally last for a maximum of one hour. Further sessions can be arranged in specific circumstances, provided you evidence that you have acted upon the advice given in your first session.
- After your meeting with the academic skills tutor, a summary of the advice given will be emailed to you and a copy sent to your personal or programme tutor for their information.
- To enhance the quality of our service, we ask that you provide us with some feedback about the support you have received. You will receive an email following your one to one, with a link to the online feedback form.